Built To Exceed Your Expectations
Your new home here at The Hawthorns has been built utilising SIPs construction from multi award winning manufacturer SIPs Industries. SIPs Industries was established in 2000 with the aim of providing a complete SIPs manufacture and installation service to the building industry. They are now the longest established specialist SIPs company in the UK. SIPs construction delivers unrivalled insulation and air tightness, which reduces energy costs over the building’s lifetime. A SIPs home has minimal thermal bridging and delivers excellent air tightness, ensuring fewer drafts, lower noise pollution, materially lower energy bills and are overall more energy efficient than other forms of home construction.
In addition to lower energy bills, SIPs homes positively impact on the environment with lower CO2 emissions due to the reduction in heat loss and manufacturing wastage. SIPs homes are precision engineered and formed with a timber OSB board and EPS insulation, laminated together to produce an incredibly strong and rigid building structure. This inherent strength allows the homes to enjoy large open plan and vaulted spaces, free of additional structure or support such as trusses. These feature areas provide a feeling of space, grandeur and opulence, adding character to the homes. The air tight homes are fitted with a mechanical ventilation and heat recovery system (MVHR) ensuring the air quality is constantly optimised in each home.
Habitable rooms are provided with pre- warmed fresh air and kitchens and bathrooms are extracted on a continual basis. Heat is extracted from the air removed from the building and used to pre heat the fresh air entering the building. The extracted air helps to remove germs, odours, stale air, pollens, pathogens, CO2 build ups and with a constant supply of fresh air the home living and sleeping environments are optimised. SIPs homes set new standards in home living and the environmentally friendly, low energy, thermal efficient, air tight homes will positively impact on your living conditions and the environmental carbon footprint. Add the benefits of living in Scotland’s National Park, with superb architectural design and the blended combination of modern and traditional materials, will enable you to enjoy life to the full.
Chartered Architect RIBA RIAS
Inspirational interiors are created where a luxurious specification creates a perfect blend of from and function.
- Post and wire fencing with native hedging to rear and side boundaries.
- Lawned gardens, monoblock driveways and decorative paving to paths and patio areas.
- High-performance, energy efficient, passive standard, SIPs construction.
- Building elevations combine a selection of materials including stone, hardwood shiplap timber, textured render, with smooth contrasting render feature bands around windows, doors and base course. (Refer to each house styles for specific exterior finishes)
- Natural slate roof finish (Cupa Heavy 3 or similar).
- Maintenance free Eternit facia and soffit boards.
- Triple-glazed, aluclad security locking windows and external doors.
- Conservation style roof windows with selected units electrically controlled.
- Black UPVC rainwater gutters and downpipes
- Feature, wall mounted up and down lighters at door positions around the building.
- Outside hot and cold water tap.
- Outside double power socket.
- Cabling for electric car charging point (Wall connecter not included).
- Doorbell and wall mounted letter box.
- 10 year structural warranty, including 2 years builder defects policy.
- Feature, vaulted ceilings at first floor level in each house with double height vaulted ceiling in The Fruin house type kitchen/dining room and The Luss house type kitchen, dining and living room.
- App controlled whole-house mechanical, ventilation heat recovery system (MVHR).
- Air source heat pump (ASHP) for all heating and hot water requirements.
- Under floor heating to ground floor, radiators to first floor. (electric heated towel rails independent of heating system in bathrooms and en-suites).
- Feature, wood-burning, free standing stove in principle lounge.
- App controlled, whole-house alarm system.
- Mains powered, interlinked smoke/heat detectors throughout.
- Solid core, white painted, panel doors to all rooms, including wardrobes (Hanging rail in wardrobes).
- Chrome/brushed stainless steel handles and hinges.
- White painted finish throughout to all walls, ceilings and woodwork.
- White electrical sockets and switches.
- Recessed, low-energy, LED lighting in selected rooms.
- Cat 6 home wiring solution, including Ethernet, TV and telephone points in selected rooms.
KITCHEN AND UTILITY
- A range of stunning German kitchens, carefully designed, including islands/breakfasting bar and separate utility rooms in the Douglas and Fruin house types (Choice of colours and finishes)
- Soft close hinges and drawers, with rigid built carcases.
- Slim line or traditional laminate worktops
- Built in appliances including oven, separate combination micro-waive/ oven, induction hob and extractor canopy.
- Integrated appliances including dishwasher, washing machine, condensing tumble dryer, full height fridge and full height no frost freezer.
- Single bowl under mounted sink and mixer tap.
Note: Upgrade options available at additional cost, subject to build programme. The Luss house type has a separate under stair utility area with free standing washing machine and condensing tumble dryer (not integrated).
Appliances will be Bosch or similar in the Luss and Douglas house types and Siemens appliances in the Fruin house type
BATHROOM, EN- SUITE AND CLOAKS
- Carefully designed bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms maximising space and function with larger separate shower cubicles in selected rooms.
- Sanitary ware from the Designer Swiss Company Laufen and brassware from Hansgrohe or similar
- Wall hung wash hand basin and toilets with concealed cistern and flush touch mechanisms.
- Built in or free standing baths depending on house type with flush touch mechanisms (Built in baths have tiled bath panel with removable access panel).
- Thermostatically controlled showers with glass shower screens (Fixed and sliding options depending on room settings)
- Saver and electric tooth brush points in main bathroom and en suites.
- Choice of tiling to selected walls and floor and from the specified range (Included in purchase price).
- Under sink vanity furniture, over sink mirrors in the Fruin house type.
- Toilet role holders and towel rails in each room.
Register Your Interest
For further information and to register your interest, please call 01436 460 185 or use the following contact form:
Space to Breathe, Live And Grow
This information is provided for guidance only. It is not intended to form the basis of any contract. We reserve the right to alter the layout, design and dimensions of each property without notice. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained is accurate, it is provided for guidance only. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of the information. Please note the computer generated images provide an indication of the finish of the house styles and do not necessarily represent the exact finish of a particular property. Please ask the Sales Advisor for full details of specification.
© Luss Estates - Website Design by Redwing Creative